CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

52 Pickup challenge, Weeks 20 & 21 done...

Oh my goodness, I rushed around trying to find junk mail (which we never get here) but found a load of old Sydney Swans brochures and stuff so I cut out bits from it whilst watching tv on Saturday night then Sunday afternoon threw it together in 20 minutes. Our internet connection was speed limited last Friday morning till midnight Sunday 31st so I was real worried I'd not get it uploaded in time for Sunday night's support session.

But I did AND blow me down with a feather if it didn't win me one of the monthly prizes and all!! Here it is....
The photos are my own, taken Sunday 24th May at the SCG, gotta love those bums! ROFL. Thanks LSBS team, you've made me one happy chickie with this win!

Week 20's was to make torn flowers. I decided to try something just a little different than using the water to soften the paper before ripping, as Deanne had done in her step by step. I chose some deep burgundy linen paper and put bleach in my aquash brush. Drew a load of circles with it and watched the bleach leach the colour out. I then tore out the circles, crumpled them good and hard, then opened them up and layered them. Crumpling them helped spread some of the bleach that hadn't evaporated into the creases. My result impressed me big time, I was very happy with the flower. So here it is and the card I made from it....
I love how the flower looks kinda of shabby chic/heritage/aged. Hmmm now me thinks I should RAK someone with this lovely card very soon.
See ya.
Wirg x x x

2 comments:

Sandie said...

You know Wirg - this would have to be my all time fave creation of yours.

It's so unique. I reckon its worthy of publication. why don't you give it a go.

I love, love, love it.

Luv Sandie

Unknown said...

Love the way you've done the gorgeous flower Wirg and can't believe you are already up to week 21!!!! Also wanted to let you know that you have been tagged :)
Aga xx