CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

ScrapGirls retreat, what a blast!!

Yes, it was a spur of the moment decision, but I went to the Scrap Girls Budget Crop Fest last weekend and didn't I have a blast of a time!

I even was asked to do a demo on Copics on the Saturday morning too.  I hope all of you that sat in on it are much better enlightened on the joys of owning and using Copic Markers.  I know there was a few of you who had a bit of a shopping spree afterwards too, yay!!

Sooo here are a few cards I produced over the weekend.  I did do 3 layouts as well, will photograph them in a bit.  Nic Brown gave me two sheets of this amazingly bright paper, soooooo bright I recon one of the patterns could have started an epileptic fit, such 'busy' papers but I loved them.  You'll see some of it on 2 of my cards as well.

I also had fun sitting with Aunty Rae (Ray Casey) who's also a member over at the Little Scrapbook Shop.  What a top bunk and table buddy Rae is and I do believe she's been bitten by the Copic bug too, wink!

So, here you go, a few cardy creations....

This 1st card is using one of the bright papers Nic Brown gave me to be challenged with, love it and love this card.  I used a little white Crafty Individuals UK cardstock frame, ran it through the cuttlebug to emboss it, swiped over it with Tea Leaves then Eggplant Versamagic Dew Drop ink pads.  The image is also by Crafty Individuals UK
This next one is from the Challenge Kit we were all given at the begining of the weekend.

 Here's that cute little Greeting Farm stamp, Edward, that everyone loves (available at the Little Scrapbook Shop now). Not sure if you can see his little diamond studded ear, (Thanks Lucy)
 Just before I left for retreat my new Kraftin Kimmie stamps arrived, here's Cinderella! Oh my, she's adorable and this photo doesn't do the finished card justice.  Of course she's coloured with Copic markers, as are all the image stamped cards I've got in this post.
 This is a set of three stamps from Forever Friends. I put them all together on the one block to stamp up.   Very cute indeedydoo!
 And here's Patsy by Kraftin Kimmie, along with the Jukebox stamp. This is a lot more vivid/bright in colour than the photo shows and she sure was a popular card to look at, along with Cinderella, over the weekend.
 Thank you to all the ladies who enjoyed watching and listening about Copic Markers.  It was my very first 'public' demo.  I hope you took away with you more information and facts about these lovely markers and now know just how versitile they can be!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like it was a great weekend. Love the cards wirg!