CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 20, 2011

Colouring with Copics on gloss card stock...

When first doing the certification and project courses to be able to teach copic marker use, I was told that these lovely markers were not suitable for using on gloss cardstock/paper.

Well, me being me, I decided that I would try them and see what happened.  I can see why they say not suitable, because you can't colour in the same way as you are taught using matt cardstock be it XpressIt or what ever card.  Instead, still starting with the lightest to darkest colours, you kind of dab them on.  Try it, you'll see that each colour kind of pushes the previous one out of the way.  I love the effect!

Sooooo here are two cards I've recently coloured using gloss and an old PSX Botanical stamp that you can't buy anymore.  I love the effect you get colouring on gloss.  It's a bit like doing the faux marble effect with alcohol inks. I still used a Memento Tuxedo Black inkpad and after colouring I went over the whole image with stipple brush and some honey coloured distress ink.  What do you think?




1 comment:

PrincessPammie said...

I love how these have turned out they look so darn good!