CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Cracking up.... rofl

Oh yes, I've been cracking up, but not now you might think.

I've been painting and using some Matisse Cracking medium. I have these very cute little shadow boxes. They have a mirror in the back of them and a glass door on the front and I thought them perfect for my miniature perfume bottle collection. Soooooo what colours do I paint them?

Our bedroom is a gorgeous kinda glow-in-the-dark corn flower blue, it's called Zenith but it's so hard to describe. As the light darkens in the afternoons/evenings it kinda takes on a purplish hugh. So I thought okay, I'll paint them white. Then I thought, noooooo my house, being on a main road and having no carpet, they'll show the dust up pretty fast. Sooooooo I thought okay I'll use a crackle type medium on them so they are not stark white.

I'm so glad I did. At first I thought eeeegads, what have I done, painting the base white gesso first then this gorgeous Ultramarine Blue series 2 from Matisse. It's sooooo bright, gorgeous colour but I thought noooooooo it's going to be too dark.

Okay so I persisted, painted on the cracking medium (by Matisse) then, when the set time was up, I painted on a Derivan mini Winter White paint (by Matisse also). Wow is all I can say!! Take a look. Hmmm I've and 2nd one half done and my Dad's getting me two more so they'll all match and I'll have some empty spots for more bottles as I collect them. I don't get them very often. It's taken me more than 25 years to get the ones I have. The first finished one doesn't hold them all, see for yourself.....


See ya, it's time to think about making some Valentine cards me thinks.

Wirg.

No comments: