CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A work in progress....

Morning all

I have this morning photographed some of the finished page in a book I'm making.
It was a class at the Little Scrapbook Shops 2008 Retreat.
The wonderfull Belle gave this class. We had a list of photos to take before we went. It was fun trying to get those photos. I've decided this book won't be finished in a hurry. I want to say many thanks to Belle for such a wondeful class. It's one that every individual can adapt to what they want their book to be.

Sooooooooo here goes, here's the front cover...

I sooooooo loved my blinged wooden flower but it didn't survive the journey home. After glueing it back together, I was worried it'd get smashed with all the use the book is getting so I mounted it onto thick black cardstock and it looks even better and much 'safer' now too.

Next is my inside cover, we needed photos of the eyes of all those in our home. I've tried to use song lyrics as titles where I can in this book too.

There's mine, my hubby's and son's (TB ie Testosterone Boy Ben). They tell a story, one that shows you there's always lots of laughter in our house!Next was of my hands. They are not as 'sculpted and elegant' as they used to be but they also tell a story. And yes, they are small I know! Those that know me know I've also got rather little feet. I so love that song by the Proclaimers, thought it was a spot on title for these little footsies and all!

Next are some pages from my birthday this year. It was a mile stone birthday my 50th. I still think they made a mistake on my birth certificate. I refuse to act my age, LOL, these pages will show that too.



These pages are about my Osmond experience. One even has confetti I gathered up after the concert. It was shot out of canons during the show when they sang their smash hit "Having a Party". I still have lots of it ready to do some big scrapped pages. Lastly I'll leave you with a couple of pages I call my 'Sanctuary place" This is where I create, where I loose myself and disappear to escape the goings on of the world. I scrap, stamp, create, read, blog, and even yes, do my bible study at this desk. It's right next to my computer desk, so it's only a matter of a couple of feet to zoom across and play, read, create etc on the pc as well. It is no where near a tv, but does have direct aim for my micro stereo's remote!


Thanks for stopping by. This book won't be finished any time soon, I've loads more pages on the go and I think I need to make a nice slip cover to keep it in, to protect it and be able to carry it about with me.

hugs
Wirg :-)

1 comment:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Love your album so far Wirg. Gorgeous!!
Deanne
xx