Some people aske me about what a brayer is/does. So there's some photos below here too from an old tutorial I wrote a few years back for a forum that's now defunct. Luckily I kept all my DT stuff, tutorials, classes, instructions hey!!The first photo is where I've popped the roller off, wrapped a rubber band around it, inked it up and rolled it back and forth over paper to get that pattern.
The next pic I've brayered over white gloss card stock with a multi coloured padthen used a fine mist of water to make the dye ink 'bleed', very effective for backgrounds.

The card in the next photo is one where I've done the above technique, but before it's dried, I scrunched up some cling film, opened it up a little then pressed it onto the wet surface, chucked a large phone book on it to flatten it. When it was dry, peeled off the cling film and tadaah, unique back ground. This with another of my cards was published in the Australian Stamping and Papercrafts magazine a few years ago.
I've found one of the instructional photos too from a step by step I gave, this shows a newer brayer and how I used it on gloss card....
And a couple of cards made using the card....
See ya for now, I've got a layout to finish and there's a matter of sorting through hundreds of little coloured chip letters to find just what I need agghhh LOL.


No comments:
Post a Comment