CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Using masking to create artistic cards.

This is a class I did a few years ago on a now defunct forum. It will give you an idea on how I use masking to create some of those arty type cards.

And here's the finished card!

I hope that gives you an idea of how I get all these lovely colours. On the final image, I've taken the mask off the geisha and coloured her in with tombow markers. I've used all dye inks and markers and white gloss card stock. All stamps are stamped with Black Stazon so it doesn't run.
To make my masks I've used different sized PostIt notes, stamped all the images with Stazon then cut each out individually. I keep the masks with the stamps (these ones are all unmounteds by Non-Sequitor)

Please note, this is all copywrited to me as are the instructions and how to photos.