Yes, I've neglected my blog, again! I know, it's been busy busy busy till I retired from my day job in mid December 2012. Warning, this is a LONG post!!
Firstly how about this giveaway!! Why not go take a look for yourselves, have to be in it to win it and it's such a lovely blog too!!
http://awindowtoomyworld.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/birthday-giveaway.html
SOOOOOOOOOO.......
Yes!!! I'm now a stay at home wife with a 21yr old son who's got one more semester left at university before he graduates.
Yes you read right, I've retired from my government job. I was hoping to hang in a little longer but as my health hasn't been the best the 2nd half of 2012, well the decision to leave was made for me. My doctor wrote a huge report and sent it in with me when I had yet another long and painful lupus bought. I was very fortunate to have a lot of personal leave accrued as well as holiday leave. On top of that, I applied for, and they approved, pro-rata long service leave which was paid to me recently.
This allowed me to not go back to work from early November to 16 December. That was most of my sick leave used up. Then I had enough holiday leave to 'pay' myself till hubby comes back in February 2013 from working in Melbourne for the last 15mths. The LSL has been a bonus.
The Lord was trying to tell me something, that yes we could manage without me working, yes it's time to bough out of the work force for good. Lupus and Australian summers are deadly. I had been in a bought for nearly 4 months and with where I worked not allowing leave during the hottest months of the year anymore, something had to give. I'm still not 100%, never will be again, but at least now, I can stay indoors in the aircon for as long as the hot weather persists.
AND now I can create in my little craft area when ever and for as long as I want. So without much more 'chatter' below are some of the things I've been creating the last couple of months!
FYI, I am still on the design team for the Little Scrapbook Shop. I know it's very quiet over there lately but I do believe things are happening again slowly.
I have also won a guest designer spot with Tattered Inspirations (Media) too. Watch out later this year for some of my creations using their gorgeous embellishments!!
JUNE 2026 KOTM INSPIRATION - DAY 4
2 weeks ago

















No comments:
Post a Comment