CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 10, 2008

OTP - off the page - a project I'm working on....

Hi ho there fellow creative bloggers!

Sooooo I've had this idea in my head for many months. I've had "I'm gunna" thoughts about it so long that yesterday and today I finally extracted the digit and started the OTP. That and my old book has really started to fall apart. I'll take a photo of it later and insert it here.

Many of you who have known me for a while know that I carry with me to many craft shows, retreats, classes etc this notebook. You know, that bright green spiral bound one that I'd lovingly personalised many many years ago? It's full of ideas, colour charts, addresses and phone numbers, how to instructions, samples, wish lists, creative ideas I may have. All kinds of things really.

But this poor book won't shut properly any more. I have soooo much held in there with mini bull dog clips and honestly, I can't add extra pages to it seeing as it's a coil bound book and I don't own a Zutter Bind-it-All, YET!! (yes, it's on my current wish list!!)

So I thought okay, I'll use a ring binder type album, A5 sized. I keep all my acrylic um's in one. It's a handy size, just about fits in my handbag or across the top of it. It does fit in my tool tote well, most important that. I can add or remove pages. Yes, this, I was thinking, is much more pratical than a bound book.

Soooooooooo this arov, after a cr@p week at work, I came straight home and got stuck into "Wirg-izing" it. I've put 3 refills of lined pages into it and the chipboard that came in each pack are now the divider pages. I've covered them with lovely DCWV patterned papers. I have some tabs to put on them so I'll have addresses/phone numbers, samples/colour charts, how-to/samples/instructions sections. I'll also be able to put plastic pockets in it.

It's not finished yet, coz well I do have to feed the family before they all rak off for the evening. Then it's Cybercrop night and BINGO over at LSBS, so it may not be completely finished tonight. However, the front and spine are done and I'm soooooooo pleased with it. Not a hint of lime green insight this time either LOL. Here you go, take a peak.......

Because of my experiences with Ebay recently (see my personal blog) I've blanked out my real name from the spine of this book. I've used a gorgeous hot pink cardstock, stamped it with Lots of Spots stamps by Stamping up in black stazon ink. Then a few here & there of a little daisy in versamark which I then brushed with pearlex powder then sealed.

I've punched out some of the large & medium EK Success funky flowers using a lovely patterned paper from a 12x12 stack by DCWV. The tag is from PaperWERX by Lazar Studiowerx. I'm using some more of these for the divider tags. On the large tag I've used a Delish black rubbon and on the top left side of the pink background, a white one by Kelly Panacci. The craft words on the big tag are by Collections. Other rubons used for my name are by Making Memories.

Okay, so now I need to keep an eye on the time, we've eaten and the boys are heading out soon. I've all evening to create with noooooo distractions (well that's unless the phone goes, nah don't think I'll answer it, naughty Wirgie tee hee hee)

See ya for now :-)

1 comment:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

What a lovely cover Wirg! The flowers from the DCWV paper look like they have been created with alcohol inks in the photo. Very noice!
Deanne
xx