CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hmmm I've done a magazine submission...

Goodness me, has it really been over 2 years since I've had anything published?

I gave up submitting anything because I just kind lost interest and things took so long and I'd had a lot of knock backs after being asked and asked to send stuff in. I didn't see the point anymore if everything I sent was rejected.

However last week, out of the blue I thought, I've never seen anything like the images I'd used in magazines here so I thought why the heck not and sent scans of them off to two publishers. One I got the usual oh we've enough submissions for ages but keep sending them in you never know.

Okay, sick of that reply, but got one back from the 2nd place yesterday asking if there was anyway I could get them to them by Thursday for their commissioning meeting. Could I? Off I went and popped them in an express post satchel straight away. Luckily I'd already typed up the instructions and product/tools list, so it went with them as well.

I heard from them today and they said wow, thanks heaps, really appreciated you getting them to us so fast. We shall play the waiting game now to see if and when they do get published. Only thing is, I may have to backtrack some entries coz I've got them on here. I'm not telling you which items, but you'll see, if I've got to take them off for a little while LOL.

On top of that good news, my son got his learner's permit to learn to drive today, so I feel the need to probably scrap a page about this momentous occasion. I've already done an entry on my personal blog here... http://wirginia.blogspot.com/

byee for now.
Wirg.

1 comment:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

congrats on getting in for publication!!! Thats terrific!!!