I pick a couple of them up from Spotlight the other day for $3.95 each, bargain!
How nice did this turn out! The photo is my son just before Christmas 2007. Some of his female friends 'made up' his eyes for him LOL, so cute, but he won't let them do it again I'll bet.
I've painted the bare clipboard with white base paint, then Honeydew Making Memories paint. In hindsight, I don't think I'd paint these clipboards with only 1/2 a day to finish it off. This clipboard's going to my Dad's tomorrow to be packed in his luggage to be delivered to an Aunty when he goes to England next week.
It took ages to dry fully. On the surface it was alright, but I think it soaked into the chipboard a bit and as today was very very wet here in Sydney, it wasn't going to dry properly for me to decorate. I gave it a hurry along with my heat gun.
Here's a photo of it without the photo....
I've used some My Minds Eye paper, orange cardstock embossed through the Cuttlebug, words cut from a sheet of Around the Block paper, Kaiser rhinestones, pretty paper flowers, orange ric rac & organza ribbons.I've put a stamped sheet of clear acetate under the clip. The photo slips behind it and is protected by the clear sheet. The clipboard has a huge strip of magnetic tape on the back so it can stick to a fridge, or if you pull up the little notch above the word 'because' it has a little hanger so it can be hung up instead.
I hope my Aunt likes it, and that it matches the decore of her new home.
Byee for now, time to veg out a bit I think. This clipboard took a while to do due to the paint not drying thoroughly.
Wirg.


1 comment:
The clipboards looks great Virg! Love the funky colours you have used.
Post a Comment