Just wanted to give you an update on these creations. Before the winners were announced, I'd given some of these away. Deanne, Jenni & Jane really liked them. AND guess what?? I won a runner's up prize from LSBS for them, thanks LSBS, I'll certainly enjoy spending my voucher in the shop!
I didn't get much done for the LSBS weekend Cybercrop because I had so much stuff to finish for our Church's Christmas Carol night coming up in less than two weeks.
But I did manage yesterday to get my last entry done for the mini Christmas Comp for LSBS. A few people have asked me how I got the marbly effect on them so here's a couple of photos of them and a bit of an explanation below.....


I have used small blown round light bulbs mostly. NOT your standard sized ones, they are too big for Christmas decorations. Make sure they are clean and dry.
Next I took a wooden block with loop tape (velcro) stuck to it and cut some pieces of plain white felt to stick on it. I've used Pinata Alcohol inks and a gold Krylon paint pen for these. Place side by side two colours of the Pinata inks on the white felt stuck to the block. Not too much but enough to soak into the felt. I've used Tangerine & Lime Green inks on mine. Dab the ink from the block onto the light bulb randomly, making sure you cover the whole bulb. Turn the block this way and that so you get both colours showing along side eachother. As it dries you'll see the pooling/marbling effect happen.
When dry, doesn't take long coz they are Alcohol based inks, splodge onto your felt your gold Krylon, make sure you press the pen down a few times to get the ink into the felt. Light dab the gold onto the lightbulb here and there till you are happy with the effect. Leave to dry. Paint the bayonet/screw in part of the bulb with your krylon pen as well.
I've tied on some gold cord, then some matching organza ribbon to finish them off. I' done a few other colours and will add them here when photographed. Purple and hot pink look particularly nice!
hugs
Wirgie x x


3 comments:
Wow, those look awesome Wirg!
These are gorgeous Wirgie. Can't wait to see the bell thingies that you made too!!
Deanne
xx
Hey Chicky - You are the lucky recipient of a Blog Award! Check my blog for details!
Cheers
smauge
Post a Comment