CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

OMgoodness what a weekend!! Woohoo, long post...

Hidy ho there,

What a great weekend away at the Little Scrapbook Shop's retreat. Where to start?? I don't know how Cath and Nic and the DT team managed to make this year's event better than last but they were outstanding. We had a wonderful time. AND many of us have already put our names down for 2009! That's how good it was. Be there or be square!!

I drove out following Deanne, that was fun in it's self as we got there early and could unpack our cars first and be ready for when Cath and Co arrived. I hope there were no 'spies' about coz we had a lot of fun being "Ballerinas" didn't we D!

Here's the Donny Doll trying to jump out of my tool tote, again.....
And here he is, happy to be able to breath and showing off where I've taken him...


See ladies, this is the size of the place, hmmmm lots of air at last........ rofl.


We got to help stock up the shop and peruse the goodies that were for sale. OMG, talk about make your head spin! I so am not taking much next year. I've started my new money box and it's got almost half the payment in it already. (yes I did cut down this year but I soooo am not taking more than 2 cubes in 2009)

Here's the first thing I made whilst half asleep Friday night. When I sat down after breakie to see what I'd done the night before, considering I was in a foggy haze of tiredness, not too bad LOL.

And this is another I'd started Friday night then finished off the next day. Cuttlebug had a real workout this weekend. Mind you, the bling I added took for ever, don't know if I'd do that much bling again, me thinks Kindyglitz may be the faster way to go with this type of card, cute though.


Below is 'Scruffy Muffy' my new little friend who was waiting on my pillow with this year's t-shirt (very lovely, gorgeous colour of chocolate T this time)
There is a reason behind this little one's name, which I can't share here because "what goes on at the retreat, stays at the retreat" ROFL, yes that's got to be the mantra for these retreats, well for most of the hillarious fun we had, particularly Saturday night and the PJ parade, goooooo Spikey Jen, MC extrordinaire!! Cath knows about Muffy's name, so say no more, mmmwaaahhh!!

Below is a photo of the layout I did in under 10 minutes. I must have missed where we were told we had 20 minutes prep time then 45 minutes from 'GO' to create something with one of challenge kits. Talk about work under pressure, I soooooo did good under pressure, coz it paid off. I realised 10 minutes before the deadline that yaaaa only 10 minutes to go, get moving girl. Eeekk, onto the display table with the ink still wet. This is what I created......



And.......I won the most amazing kit of goodies for this, what a buzz!! The photo doesn't do the LO justice, it's just the most gorgeous photo of my "Testosterone Boy" as he's been nic-named today. (another story which may be on my personal blog some time soon)

I also did this one with another of the challenge kits.....

Sooooooooo I actually did scrap and stamp, 4 cards made and 2 layouts finished. More than last year that's for sure. I've got 2 lovely books on the go from the classes that Lisa and Belinda gave. I've a lot of work to do on them, so I'll share them another time when they are closer to being what I want them to be.
See ya, this has taken way to long to put together, I was laughing too much looking at the photos. Sorry, no photos on here, it's a 'what goes on at the retreat, stays at the retreat' kinda thing.
byee for now.
Wirgie

7 comments:

ScrapManda said...

Glad you had a fabulous weekend! Donny looks like he enjoyed it too!! LOL! Gorgeous cards and great LO's!

Sandie said...

Oh Wirg. You did so well to complete these challenges and they look fab. I love, love, love the first one of Ben - he is such a handsome "testosterone boy"........LOL.

glad to hear that you had stacks of fun.

Luv Sandie

Lyn S said...

Sounds like it was a fantastic weekend Wirg! Love your 'cool dude' layout too!

Love seeing Donny doll's adventures too!

xxLyn

Unknown said...

Sounds like you and Donny had a great weekend Wirg!!!

Vicky said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic time,& Donny doll looks like he`s had as much fun as you LOL & well done on the completion of the challenges, that winning LO is just gorgeous. Cheers & have a great weekend.

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Hey Wirgie!! It was a top weekend! I am down for next year already and my money box is looking good too!!
You got so many great things made. I am yet to photograph mine oops!
Hugs
Deanne
xx
ps: swan lake, here we come!! WAFL!

Jane Smith said...

Just lurking in your blog..thought I'd let you know I was here..love your cards..welldone